APML is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be managed. You can be assured that your personal data will only be used in accordance with this policy and applicable regulations, including the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
APML may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 25 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, business preferences and interests, and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
Your personal data will only be retained and processed by APML when we have a lawful basis on which to do so to meet a legal obligation, in association with a contract, where we have a legitimate interest or with your consent for a particular purpose.
We require this information in order to conduct business with you, to understand your needs or to provide you with a better service and, in particular:
- for internal record keeping
- to periodically send promotional emails or other information which we think you may find interesting, and
- occasionally, to contact you by email for market research purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we retain.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- when you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by for direct marketing purposes, and
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at the email address below.
APML will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will not transfer your personal data outwith the EC.
Please email or write to us if you:
- would like a copy of your personal information held by us
- believe any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or
- would like to have your data deleted or restrict the way in which it is used.
We will promptly process any such requests, in line with the relevant regulations.
Ardgowan PM Ltd is a Limited Company registered in Scotland, company number SC395369. Our registered office is 16 Alva Street, Edinburgh EH2 4QG.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding this policy or APML’s use of your personal data.
You can obtain further information on your rights regarding personal data at www.ico.org.uk